Magnetic field of a wire
- If electricity flows through an electrical conductor, the following can be observed:
- Magnetic needles are deflected.
- If you follow the north pole of the compass needles, you can see the course of the magnetic field lines.
- The magnetic field lines indicate how the magnetic force works.
- The lines are circular and surround the entire wire.
- If the current flows in the other direction, the magnetic field is also turned the other way.
- Perpendicular to the conductor, the magnetic field is the same everywhere.
- If you move the conductor, the magnetic field moves with it.